Saturday, August 19, 2017

Pocketful of Sunshine

I promised to post how to make these fun jean pockets.
Above are another set I made using these cute peace sign charms that were given to me.  (thanks Carol!)

I filled them with some cute flowered post it notes and added white tissue paper.

these peace sign charms are so cute!

Here are the pieces you need
stamp and cut yourselves two of the pockets, but before you cut them out, using a pencil draw the side flaps. I just hand drew them.
Also cut the handle and the body of the pocket and score where I listed. 

I just hand drew the flaps

Using the permanent Tombow glue, glue the pieces together.  Lastly glue the handle to the inside of the pocket.

Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Pocketful of Sunshine

How cute is this little jean pocket!
Fill it up with goodies or a gift card and gift away!

Stay tuned for my next post which will show you how to make this jean pocket,  the possibilities are endless.

Don't have the Pocketful of Sunshine set?
Place an order for it today and it will be to you in 3 days!
Pocketful of Sunshine - order #143719 for $21.00 
order the bundle of the set and framelits- #145345 for $48.50

Monday, August 14, 2017

Floral Statements

How would you like a super easy card to make this monday morning?
This is a new stamp set called Floral Statements.  It has two good sized stamps in it, one thank you and the other hello.

Starting with whisper white cardstock I stamped the sentiment right in the center with archival black ink, then continued to stamp the sentiment all over the rest of the cards.  Super easy! 

Then choosing from our new in color line of ink I used the Lemon Lime Twist for the leaves and Powder Pink for the rose on  the thank you card and Soft Sky ink for the hello card.
I applied the ink by using the Aqua Painters 
You could even add some ribbon to the card, I personally just wanted it as simple as you see it.
Give it a try!

Floral Statements - # 144701 for $21.00

Saturday, August 12, 2017

Paper Pumpkin Offer

This is an offer you don't want to miss out on!
You see me post often about Paper Pumpkin
Let me explain again what it is.  A fun orange box arrives at your mailbox monthly filled with everything you need to create whatever the project or cards or home decor arrives.

Right now it is 50% off from 
August 11- Sept 10th.
Why not give it a try?
The cost is  $9.96- yep! you read that right!

Now think of the upcoming months and what cute and festive 
projects will show up at your door step!

To sign up go HERE
and use the code HALFOFF0917

This is July's kit Positively Picturesque

Cards in  the kit

See how cute the items are!  and you get everything in the kit to create these cards and projects!
(except the candy!)

Thursday, August 10, 2017

Color your world

Creativity is inventing, experimenting, growing, taking risks, breaking rules, making mistakes and having fun!
Well, my new door color covers everyone of those words!!!
I took a leap of faith with this color called Bora Bora Shore by Sherwin Williams.   It even sounds fun doesn't it!
You must do what you love!  be creative!

It took one coat of primer and two coats of the Bora Bora Shore to cover the existing black. I also took the time to lightly sand the door before I started to primer it. 
It's a labor of love people!!

If you have been to my home before you know it's come as you are, as the door mat states. 
 It's so important to me that all who enter feel welcomed and at home.
The door mat can be found at House of Belonging

I hope I have inspired you today to add a little color to your world!
I certainly had to step outside of my comfort zone by painting this color.  I typically choose neutral colors. 
 Remember this, paint is temporary and can be easily changed!

Tuesday, August 8, 2017

Hidden Meadows

My daughter and I love to adventure out.  We headed up to Snohomish this past week to find this u-cut wildflower farm.
As we left I saw a sign that read "Hidden Meadows", you couldn't see anything so we drove over the railroad tracks and there it was!
This beautiful piece of property with incredible views. 

The staff was so accomodating in letting us look around.  They were cleaning up from an event from the weekend.  
I love to scout out new venues for upcoming wedding ideas.
This property boasts everything you can imagine.

Love this fire pit just off of the reception and bar area. 

You can choose to get married indoors or out. 
 This obviously is the outdoor area!

and this, the indoor area

there's my girl in the background!
Someday I will see her walk down an aisle just like this!  aawwww..... just had a moment there!

Below is the bride's squad room

I love finding these beautiful venues for weddings/events.

Hidden Meadows
Wedding and event venue
11805 Springhetti Road 
Snohomish, Wa 
visit to get a full look at this property
the ideas are endless!

Sunday, August 6, 2017

Pocketful of Sunshine

These are some cute little summer time purses that I made and filled up with salt water taffy. 
I always make up a little something to give my guests at my creative classes.  This past month it was these cuties. 
 The theme was Beach.

 The sunglasses are from the new stamp set Pocketful of Sunshine